Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Prey

I'm back on the gaming wagon for a bit, so here's what I've been getting into!
It's been a while since I've been able to play any newer computer games. However, I recently got a new comp and can finally do that!
I acquired a game called "Prey" which I've been hitting up over the last few days and it seems pretty decent. The game centers around a Native American (or "Injun" in politically correct terminology) who gets abducted by aliens along with his girlfriend and grandfather. We've all been in a similar situation so it's totally easy to relate to his, you know?

It's bloody (they seem to have no problem chopping up children all over the place), a bit creepy, and has some nice visuals and some interesting alien weaponry. All good features in a shooter.

See what I mean about the kids?
The graphics are a-okay on my Macbook Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce 9400. I have no idea how that card scales up with other video cards, I'm assuming there's way better stuff out there...anyway, the graphics look pretty sick.

One of the low level monsters...after a good wrenching.
I am not entirely wow-ed by this game as of yet though. It has some interesting elements, such as anti-gravity platforms which make for some dizzying scenes and puzzles. One of the coolest features is your characters ability to leave his body in spirit form and pass through areas that were otherwise impassable. This coupled with the many portals and anti-gravity rooms makes more some pretty cool, yet simple, puzzles. The focus of the game is definitely not puzzles, but blasting anything that moves. That's okay in my book.

Standing on the ceiling.
All in all, so far, Prey's getting a B. We'll see if it shapes up...I could use some better weaponry and maybe some more interesting baddies.

No comments: