Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Halopedia and Tie-Fighter Stage

So I was looking up places where I could find general Halo news and things of that nature when I stumbled upon this: Halopedia! Which is, as the name suggests, is the Wikipedia of the Halo universe! So, for any sort of Halo informational needs, this seems to be a pretty decent place to go. In my time playing Halo I received a ton of one kind of medal entitled "Steaktacular" and I could not, for the life of me, figure out what the hell it was. The medal doesn't show up in the actual game stats, only on Bungie.net and the description is "Luke owes you a steak dinner". I looked it up on Halopedia, and this is what I found...Steaktacular.

I thought that was pretty hilarious, but maybe that's just my uber-nerdiness showing its ugly face...what am I saying!? Showing its BEAUTIFUL face! Ha!


On another note, here's something cool that ends up not being so cool. That picture up above is a level that someone designed to look like a Tie-Fighter which I think is pretty sick. My only quarrel with this is that unless you have a network of online Halo friends (which I don't because I prefer real people) you can't really play these stages. Bungie doesn't set up playlists for special-player-designed stages like this and you don't have the option of hosting a game yourself like you would on say, Starcraft or Warcraft. So, while that is an awesome lookin' stage, I probably won't even bother downloading it, seeing as I won't be able to play it unless I organize a little dumb-shit online Halo pow-wow. Perhaps that's too harsh...nah, I don't think so.

No comments: