Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Friday, July 17, 2009

Point Lookout Was Sweet

Who doesn't like killing irradiated-inbred-hillbillies? I, for one, thoroughly enjoy it (apparently). I guess that's what made Point Lookout a really interesting, fun and-while rather short in my opinion-totally creepy and enjoyable Fallout DLC.

It featured some really tough enemies in the form of (as mentioned above) irradiated -inbred-hillbillies as well as some interesting new scenery, much different than the Wasteland. So far, while the Pitt remains my favorite add-on, Point Lookout takes a close second.

You start off by getting on a boat called the Duchess Gambit, run by Tobar the Ferryman, pictured above. The boat takes you to Point Lookout, Maryland, which, like many other places you've visited, is ravaged by the post nuclear fallout of the war of 2077.

The scenery right off the boat looked something like a warn-down Coney Island...like in the 80s, only instead of being followed around by junkies you get followed around by gun-toting crazy hillbillies and wild dogs. All in all, the experience isn't that different.

The quests themselves are fun, centering around a feud between two people who seem to tool you around in order to dig at each other. Don't worry, you get your chance to...how shall I put this...settle their beef with each other, and your beef with them if you so choose.

The scenery as you venture further into point lookout is pretty sweet. Most of it being supremely misty swampland with scattered houses and other busted up remnants of the past. There's also an abundance of creepy-ass little dolls hanging around.

The quest takes you deep into the forest at one point and has some truly bizarre occurrences which I won't give away because I'm not a total dick. I'm only kinda a dick. Also, just as an aside, here's a pic of my character donning the two first items I found: a confederate cap and a double barreled shotgun.

Anyway, the DLC once again was totally worth the 10 bucks I paid and I'd say it's one of my favorites so far.

It's got everything you'd want out of a trip to post-apocalyptic Marlyand: Inbred-irradiated-hillbillies shooting at you, bizarre scenery and occurrences, a couple sweet old-school guns (lever-action rifle and double barreled shotgun) and one cool new one which I won't give away...

...and best of all, it's even got some lobotomy thrown in! I won't say where or who is/are the recipient(s). That's only in the main quest, there's also a few fun tidbits which I'll leave you to find for yourself.

I'd definitely travel there again. Assuming Tobar would let me...


......sorry for the spoiler but c'mon, you coulda figured that one out.

No comments: