Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Titles to be Excited About


Gears of War 2. Thanks IGN, don't sue me.
I been researching a bit on some new Xbox 360 titles because I haven't been seeing much to be excited about, with the exception of Gears of War 2 (supposed release date is November 9). However, turns out that I'm just outta touch I guess, because there's some definite cool stuffs coming. First, there's a maybe, being Infinite Undiscovery (release date unknown). It's in part made by Square-Enix in combination with tri-Ace, and being a fan of the Square-Enix itself (better in it's days of just being Squaresoft in my opinion), I'm willing to give this one a shot. It looks to be a rather large RPG that features a real time combat system and an intimidating 18 characters to play. From what this gameplay vid shows, the system looks a lot like FFXII, which was decent enough, with a good storyline and nice scenery I'd be satisfied (don't get me started on the retarded FFXII storyline). The hype seems to be wary of the game, though, and it may not turn out to be fantastic. Keep your fingers crossed, daddy needs a new RPG.

The upcoming game that has peeked my interest most of all is Dead Space (release date October 24). Here's a cool gameplay vid that features some freaky aliens, nice lighting effects and a gravity gun-style tool that is reminiscient of Halflife 2. I could definitely go for a good Sci-Fi-Horror title to kill some time. This one looks to be pretty sweet and I'm definitely gettin' it, I'm not even gonna bother looking up reviews.

Then there's the new Silent Hill game, which looks pretty cool, but I dunno what to make of it. I've never played any of the games so I'm not getting too excited, but what I saw on G4 showed some pretty sweet monsters and some gruesome violence, which is always a plus.
Fallout 3
I'd say the number one game that I'm lookin' forward to is Fallout 3 (release date October 30). Having never played Fallout and only diving into Fallout 2 earlier this year (couldn't finish it, shit is mad hard), I still and saying that this is a must buy. Fallout 2 is an old game but it held up to the test of time by keeping me totally engaged having played it years and years after it's release. The new game looks to be pretty mind-blowing, featuring first and third person perspectives, a combination turn-based and real time battle system that allows for what seems to be some pretty specific attack points. The game will also feature various revamps of Fallout 2 features like being able to test objects for radiation (instead of just unknowingly wandering towards your doom) and a new level system with a choice of perk upon each level up. Here's a nice 5 min gameplay vid of the game in action. The wikipedia article on it is also pretty informative, you don't have to listen to me, and I'm not gonna keep writing about it anyway so whatever.
Well, that's all for now.

No comments: