Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Monday, May 11, 2009

Broken Steel Defeated! ...and RIP Star Paladin Cross

I just got through beating the final add-on in Fallout 3, Broken Steel, with the exception of a couple small equipment gathering quests which seem to just be for kicks. This final add-on was all-out war, pitting you against the remnants of the Enclave and alongside the Brotherhood of Steel. It featured some awesome new weapons including a new bad-ass flamethrower and a sweet Tesla-missile launcher thing which would electrocute the shit outta people. It also had some of the most hardcore enemies I've ever seen, and oddly enough they were Feral Ghouls, an enemy I had long stopped even being the slightest bit challenged by.

It was in an intense fight with these new Feral Ghoul Reavers that I lost my dear ally, Star Paladin Cross. Your sacrifice was not in vain!

Once again, the add-on is totally worth the 10 bucks, and didn't make me feel like crap like the Pitt did. However, now I'm sad because I've basically done everything in the game, I think. The only real option at this point is to start over and be totally evil...but I have trouble with that, it just seems...well, mean I guess. But ah well, maybe I'll just be a jerk, maybe it'll grow on me...

Also, for those that play Broken Steel, keep your eyes peeled when you're in the Enclave base, there's Alien Blaster ammo strewn about certain locations...

No comments: