Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Seriously, Right onto Your Head

Friday, May 8, 2009

The Pitt Made Me a Bad Person

I just finished the quests set forth in the Pitt, the most morally ambiguous Fallout add-on by far. I went to the Pitt as "The Last, Best Hope of Humanity" and returned as a "Shepard", still in the "Very Good" range but significantly lower. I also came back addicted to Jet and Beer (ha), and personally did not feel very good about the things I had done.

I stole a baby, killed its parents, killed a buncha slaves in a "Thunderdome" style death-match and watched bizarre trog mutants tear people apart time and time again.

I've never had a gaming experience where I came away from it actually feeling kinda fucked up about the things I had done. I was really trying to do the right thing too!!

Towards the end, I found myself walking around the Pitt, finding and killing the people who were involved in allowing the slaves to remain enslaved, and losing karma again and again.
But, morals aside, the add-on was damn fun, featured a badass motorized axe weapon, totally awesome scoped assault rifle, and some pretty sweet scenes and enemies.

Once again, definitely worth the 10 bucks...I dunno if it was worth the emotional strain, though.
This last image is, in a nutshell, what it's like to go to the Pitt...

Mmmm...chunky.

2 comments:

Pickles said...

Nice S$M Outfit in the first Picture!

tracy. said...

WHY ISN'T THERE A PICTURE OF THE BABY